Montag, 11. Februar 2013

The Typewriters I Use Most.

The Typewriters I Use Most. I try to treat all my typewriters equally. I've found myself using certain ones more often than others, though. These stand out in times used for blogging: Hermes Baby Hermes 3000 Continental 340 Swissa Junior Remington Deluxe Noiseless I can think of a reason why I seem to use the Noiseless more often than other type- writers: If I write a post late at night, it is the only possibility. But I have no objective reason to favor the other ones - it must be unconscious preference. maschinengeschrieben. blogspot. com Remington Portable No. 2 This awesome post was brought to you by the mighty Typosphere

6 Kommentare:

Bill M hat gesagt…

I try to rotate through my collection too. I also find myself favoring a Hermes 3000 or one of my Skyriters my white Adler J4 and my Olympia SM7.

Miguel Chávez hat gesagt…

I was in the impression that the Corona 3 would be in your list of most frequently used typewriters.

I too tend to favor some machines over others, even though I try to use them all equally. Personally I really like working on the IBM Selectrics (I have an actual, current-day use for them in my job: filling out UPS guides). For manuals, I debate myself between the Olivettis (Lettera 32, Studio 44, 46, more recently the Lexikon) and my Remingtons.

Richard P hat gesagt…

How many typewriters do you own now?

maschinengeschrieben hat gesagt…

Bill, those seem all to be good machines.
Miguel, the Corona 3 is rather new in my collection, I got it this summer. Therefore, in absolute numbers (as above), it is probably not that well-used, while I've been using the Baby for more than 1.5 years now - relative to the time in the collection, it might well be in that list!
Richard, the Skyriter I got as a birthday present from Adwoa in autumn is still the newest addition to the collection, so the number is around 42.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I try to rotate, too, but always find my way back to either the Lettera 32 or the SM9. Though I would like to lay hands on a Hermes one day...

Spiderwebz hat gesagt…

Stupid, I haven't really typed on my typewriters yet. But it's good to see the Continental 340 in your list! And apparently I'm missing out on something with the Hermes', it doesn't appeal to me at all. It's be the writing that this machine is so damn popular, right?

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Danke für Ihren Kommentar! Haben Sie Lust, mehr zu schreiben als einen Kommentar? Share fascination.
Thanks for your comment! Would you like to write more than a comment? Share fascination.
Es kann bis zu 24 Stunden dauern, bis ein Kommentar moderiert ist und erscheint.
It may take up to 24 hours until a comment is moderated and published.